Friday 28 June 2013

I'm Back!

Helloooo, yes I know where the hell have I been!
I won't hide the fact that I lost all motivation to workout. The passion just went away.
I got tired, lazy, made up all sorts of excuses.
Perhaps the catalyst was when I injured my wrist during a soccer/football match.
I took almost 2 weeks off from the gym for it to heal and since then I kept finding excuses not to go back, the most used one being "I'll go tomorrow" but never did and week after week went by. Who knew 2 months of excuses would pass so quickly, there I was away from the gym and losing my 1 year worth of gains.

I lost 6kg and put on 5% body fat, that didn't make me motivated instead I felt demoralised and made even more excuses not to get it all back.

After sitting and lazing around at home for 2 months I tried my hardest to get back to training, forcing myself to go to the gym once a week. However, once I got there and realised how much strength and muscle mass I've lost, I got even more demoralised. I was lifting weights that I used to when I first started out.

I gave up again.


About 1-2weeks later I began recalling the many reasons why I started working out, slowly I brought my lazy ass to the gym and very soon 1 month had passed. This week marks the 4th week that I have returned to the gym with a proper routine and committing to all the planned workout days.

Anyway, I'll probably stop here for now.
My next post will continue from here, with the reasons that re-motivated me and the various attempts at creating a new routine to get back my lost efforts. (spoiler: those routines didn't work as well as I had hoped)

Also do look out for my other posts that I've begun drafting. Hope to publish them on a regular basis!








A video on "why I work out". Most of their reasons are very similar to mine!




Till the next post!







2 comments:

  1. Hi Jerome, I commented on your blog as the posts appeared to me. Meaning I commented on the above post before I saw this. Am interested in knowing you go through bouts of loss in motivation as well. And how you handle it.

    People like our fitness idols have us to keep them motivated. What keeps us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I replied in the other post :D

      While I stopped for that few months, I went back to look at the initial reasons and people that inspired me and it worked again. I got inspired to look as good if not better than them. That is how I got back on track to working out once more :)

      Delete